Sunday, February 16, 2014

Greetings, Peasants: A Day at Versailles

Versailles!!! 



The endless lines of peasants to get into the château





It got more elaborate and more ridiculous (in the best way) as we went along







Some of the Reasons Why I'm not Allowed to Own a Castle:
1. This would be an endless ballroom hallway full of ribbons and ziplines to hang-glide from
2. The windows would probably be trampolines
3. There would be free pony rides out front and a carousel
4. Sock slides would happen too frequently
5. I'd get lost, so I'd need a beanbag in the corner of every room so I could just sleep wherever I ended up at night

Lavandar chandelier






Angelina is known for serving the best, most decadent hot chocolate in Paris...I can confirm that this hot chocolate fits in with the rest of Versailles--it's insanely rich and overwhelming. It kind of felt like my teeth were going to fall out after drinking this tiny cup of pure melted chocolate syrup.


We were going to jump in the Hall of Mirrors, but that might've made a few chandeliers fall





I thought this was a pirate duck, but it's actually a children's book version of Louis XIV

Even the macarons are gold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment