Sunday, February 9, 2014

Le Week-end: Warning- Following images may scare small (and big) children

Don't say I didn't warn you...I thought I saw some weird stuff in New York, but France definitely won this round: 
Doll Museum (Note: There is apparently more than one doll museum here. I have accidentally walked by another creepy doll window display by the Jardin de Luxembourg twice, and this is something entirely different.)

"Feed me" *consumes smaller dolls*

Casual family gathering

Adult sized baby

Um...

*Casually strolls along and takes souls of observers through intense stare*

*stares* *smaller doll stares along*

Teletubby? 



Croquet mallet and dog wearing Hannibal Lecter restraint





Admittedly, these are kind of cute...although I don't know about the naked guards 

Dunce?

Glass wall restraining the mob

Not scary at all

Not sure what's up with the sideways eyes...maybe it's a precaution against staring into them!

These are for children?


Look, Mom! 

"I walk"? Why does this not sound like a good idea...


Notice the name of this puppet theater

This was definitely one of the creepiest things I saw in the 4-roomed doll museum: replicas of the children in the photos. The incoming exhibition is Barbie: Retro-chic, but I think they could do better if they turned this into a year-round Halloween horror chamber. They already have crying baby sound effects and slamming doors in the back room; all they need now are some red lights and they're set to go. 


 Repeated a slightly healthier dinner while continuing to plan our UK spring break adventure. We found a bubble tea place near our headquarters (AKA Deeksha's and Carissa's apartment), and we broke down after 3 weeks here and made "American food" (i.e. macaroni and raclette). 

Joe, these McDonalds pictures are just for you, to prove that fast food exists here (KFCs, Subways, Dominos, Chipotle,...). The McDonalds are pretty nice, though; as you can see above, there are super fancy confusing ordering machines. 

Other people reading this, don't judge me too harshly. I just had a coffee cause I needed the wifi and the warm. 

Next stop was the Marché aux Puces in the 18e arrondissement. It's one of the biggest flea markets (if not the biggest) in the world. 

It was a mix between a garage sale, my grandma's basement, and fancy furniture stores.

Lots of mini perfume bottles

and keys

and animal portraits...and fur is unfortunately a big thing here.


Joe, again this one is for you...



The prices unfortunately were not at the garage-sale level.



Wandered into this funny little tent filled with random odds and ends.



Since going to the Musée de la Poupee, I can't stop seeing creepy dolls all over Paris.





These carousel animals/parts/seats were for sale! I think everyone could use a giraffe to sit on at home.
I don't know...


Finished the outing with the best crêpes I've had here. This one was filled with speculoos and topped with ice cream and chantilly (whipped cream). Hope you're enjoying your Sunday! Back to homework and college apps for me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment